I'm back!


I started this blog at one point a few months back and stopped because I am GREAT at self doubt. Like, GREAT. I wanted to focus on weightloss and then I would fall off the wagon while dieting (whether WW, or calorie counting on MFP, or whatever my latest and greatest idea was) and while tracking food, if I had an indulgence (whether planned or spontaneous such as someone bringing me a treat) seeing that number when I counted it "bring down" my day led me to an INSTANT spiral. One donut being worth 11-12 points when I get 26 in a day? And then eating something else that wasn't a "free" food and all of a sudden seeing my points dwindle and my weekly points go down? What used to be a great tool for me with WW (and no doubt still is for SO many people!) became a thing that brought on this crippling anxiety and the feeling of "ruining" everything. Which led to binge eating. Which led to restricting. I have felt so much shame about myself and my body and my food for YEARS. And for the first time? For the first time I am not tracking (even though it's still a battle in my mind each and every day and the points and/or calories list themselves in my mind with each food I eat anyway) and focusing on eating with the goal of - H E A L T H - ringing in the forefront. I am making a point to get my body moving each day in a way that FEELS good to me (no strict workout plans - waking up at 4:30am the last FOUR DAYS #proudAF and choosing a random workout dvd out of my selection of handmedowns and Beachbody dvd's) and getting in walks at lunch which I LOVE while the weather cooperates. I feel a calling to write and always have so I decided to NOT give up on myself on this like I did once already. So welcome to my blog. I may get a few readers, I may get none. But I'm doing this for me, because this past birthday earlier this month has set a new tone and I plan to make this a year where I do one thing - focus on loving myself a little more & becoming the healthiest and best version of myself I can!

Thanks for reading if you've stuck around, and here's to day 4 of loving on me and moving my body, and here's to my first FULL WEEK of quitting dieting and learning how to change my whole damn lifestyle!

Until next time xo.

Comments